Sunday, March 10, 2013

A little beauty (and health) secret

This little secret is one I've known for quite some time now but it never crossed my mind to share it with you guys until I was reminded of it yesterday when I saw the bottle. It's a little thing called lavender oil. Basically, it's an essential oil with lots of health and beauty benefits - oh, and it's been traditionally used in making perfumes, so no need to mention how heavenly it smells, mmm!

lavender essential oil

The many benefits of this little baby include its ability to remove nervous tensions, relieve pain, disinfect scalp and skin, enhance blood circulation, strengthen your immune system, and treat respiratory problems. Yes, it all sounds great, but these are not the reasons why I use this.. So the reason - and the little secret - comes here: it has various skincare benefits!! Lavender oil is used to treat acne, wrinkles, inflammations, and scars - yes, it's a little miracle worker!
If you've read my post about my skincare routine you'll know about the problems I've had with my skin. So needless to say I was head over heels when I found the lavender oil and just HAD to try it out. Unfortunately, living in Denmark meant that some things are just not as easily found as others and this was one of them, until I one day saw it in The Body Shop.

lavender essential oil

This lavender oil works like a charm for me and it has helped my skin a lot. After I started using this I didn't break out as much and even some of my scars are becoming less visible! Plus it's always great to know that it's also preventing wrinkles ;)
What I like to do is to add a few drops to my moisturizer - so yes, a bottle lasts for aaaages! Other things I do (when I have the time) is to make myself a facial steam bath and add a few drops of the oil. What you do is that you boil some water and pour it into a bowl and drape a towel over your head like a tent (haha). It sounds funny - and probably looks funny as well, but it's great at unclogging and clearing pores and even out the skin tone. If you have a bath you could also add a few drops as the lavender oil also helps to relax and again, smells divine!!
Bottom line is that there are endless of benefits and possibilities of how to use this oil and Google is your friend! So if you're interested, then definitely give it a go and tell me what you think :)

6 comments:

  1. I've just found your blog now and I'm obsessed with more natural DIY treatments so this is great. Who knew it was a cure for acne and wrinkles!? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's quite the little miracle multi-tasker ;) I'll try to keep the DIY treatments coming! xx

      Delete
  2. Been a fan of natural healing lavender oil for a while now.

    A REAL winner. Thanks for sharing :)

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun! What do you use it for? :) I'm always looking for new ways to exploit the many benefits from lavender oil!
      Thank you for stopping by - you take care too! xx

      Delete