Saturday, June 15, 2013

Foltène - Eyelash & Eyebrow Treatment

Given my short and sparse Asian lashes, it should come as no surprise that I've been passively lurking for eyelash enhancing products for ages now. But most them are ridiculously expensive and as far as the reviews go, they are never too positive.. However, a few weeks back I stumbled upon this product named Foltène. It's reasonably priced and has gotten some fairly good reviews so I decided to give it a try.

Foltene Eyelash Eyebrow Treatment

Damn, what I wouldn't give for those lashes on the box.. sigh. Anyway, as you can see, the product promises stronger, thicker, longer eyelashes and eyebrows. If it's true I can't wait ;)

Foltene Eyelash Eyebrow Treatment
Foltene Eyelash Eyebrow Treatment

The product itself looks like a mascara and the wand has a long and short side. I'm not sure what the point is but I use the longer side for my lashes and the shorter side for my brows. When I first opened it, the first thing that hit me was the smell. It didn't smell particularly good - a bit chemical, if my nose didn't deceive me. The product has been ophthamologically tested, and it's safe for sensitive eyes and those who use contact lenses.

So, enough product description and onto the mandatory before picture:

Foltene Eyelash Eyebrow Treatment

I was really having a hard time taking this picture, but I tried my best!
You're supposed to apply the serum twice a day, morning and evening. Some people use it as a primer before putting on mascara in the mornings, but I find that it doesn't work too well for me as it weights down my lashes after I've curled them - just as non-waterproof mascaras. So I just apply this, wait till it dries and then curl my lashes and put on mascara. I've been using it for a week now and I'll come back to you guys again in a month or so!


In the meantime, has anyone tried this product or any other lash enhancing products? If yes, how did it work?

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently trying out one called RapidBrow. My eyebrows are a bit too sparse and this one says it makes them grown thicker - I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but I'll let you know how it goes!

    Caroline x
    Cocktails
    and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more! Maybe I'll try out the RapidLash if the Brow one is a success :) Take care and enjoy your last day in Zakynthos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really short eyelashes too, so would love to know if this works! xoxo

    100
    Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using it for around 2 weeks now (was a little late with the blog post) and I do think I see a little difference. My inner lashes used to be really short and tend to break but at the moment they seem quite long :) I'll do an update on the blog with pictures when it's been a month, so stick around! xx

    ReplyDelete